Mark Dewolf recently shared some of the favorite wines of Tuscany detailing the tales of the past, the present and the future. One recipe that goes well with Tuscany wines is Cheese Stuffed Ravioli with Fiery Cherry Tomatoes. The recipe is courtesy Osteria di Passignano.
– 400g fresh egg pasta dough
– 250 g Grana Padano
– 300 ml milk
– 400 g cherry tomatoes
– 60 g Parmigiano-Reggiano
– 1 clove garlic
– 100 ml olive oil
– Chilies to taste
– Salt to taste
- Soak Grana Padano in milk overnight.
- The next day strain the cheese and milk mixture.
- Keep the milk and put the cheese in a blender. Boil the milk and then add it to the blender. Puree the milk and cheese combination.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before use.
- Blanch the tomatoes, then peel, cut and season with garlic, chillies, salt, basil and olive oil.
- Roll pasta or pass through a pasta machine until very thin.
- Cut the pasta into small circles.
- Put a small spoonful of the cooled cheese mixture into the center of the dough. Wet edge of pasta lightly with water.
- Place the second circle on top of first and seal. Continue until all the dough and cheese mixture is used.
- Heat the tomatoes in a pan over medium-high heat.
- At the same time cook pasta in boiling salted water.
- To serve place ravioli on plate and top with cherry tomatoes.
- Garnish with fresh basil or sprig of tarragon.